Interview Fuji TV - Sakigake! Music Ranking Eight - Tokyo, Japan 09.02.2011

14:49



HD-DOWNLOAD

Thanks to theresa & 619 @ THCN 

Translation & Transcript

Next up, the band that won the Best Rock Video award! It is said that Lady Gaga is keeping an eye on the German band's unique fashion sense, and we have decided to interview them!

Interviewer: Here's Tokio Hotel!

Bill: Konnichiwa. (Hello in Japanese)
Tom: Konnichiwa.
Gustav: Konnichiwa.

Interviewer: Today's outfit is, as usual, very stylish, so can you tell us what your image of today's outfit is?
Bill:
I don't know, it's like really spontaneous, you know, I just have always a lot of bags with me, and I like to combine different stuff, so it's like I have different designers and then I have like this hat which is a second hand hat I just bought in Los Angeles, and yeah, I just like to play around a little bit every day.

Interviewer: Why is your band name "Tokio Hotel"?
Bill:
We were searching for a name which just keeps us going, and Tokyo was just so far away, and we thought okay, its something unreachable, something so far away, and we don't know nothing about the city. And hotel was a kind of a symbol, you know, for a life, that we just wanted to live. Yeah, that's what "Tokio Hotel" is.

Interviewer: Actually coming to Tokyo, how is it?
Bill:
We love it.
Tom: We love it, yeah!

Interviewer: So, how different was your image of Tokyo, and the actual city, was it the same?
Tom:
Oh, we had no picture in mind.
Bill: No, I just thought it's huge, colorful and it's like that.
Georg: And see more of the country maybe. That would be great.
Bill: Yeah.
Gustav: We never have time for this, so just interviews, so...
Tom: But we have a vacation next week!
Gustav: Yeah.

Lastly, we asked them what they would like the audience to say when cheering for them!

Bill: Ich liebe dich. Ich... Liebe... Dich. It means "I love you".
Interviewer: I see.

Translation & Transcript by Moe @ Tokio Hotel in Japan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments